With Nim Ralph (they/them). Nim is a trans activist and freelance writer, trainer and facilitator at the forefront of UK trans organising.
Hosts: Dr Annabel Sowemimo and Edem Ntumy Editor: Veronique Belinga
Project Manager: Naz Toorabally
News story references:
- The Guardian: Public street harassment could be made illegal in England and Wales
- Government strategy tackling violence against women and girls: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tackling-violence-against-women-and-girls-str ategy-launched
- BBC News: Government set to lay out plans for abortion in NI
- BBC News: Contraceptive mini pill can be sold over the counter in UK
- HuffPost UK: 7 In 10 Disabled Women Experience Sexual Harassment At Work
- Independent: Bitter pill to swallow: Birth control is failing women, so why is nothing changing?
“people have no idea about the reality of African women’s experiences when it comes to sex and sexuality. I feel like people always think of African women as repressed or constantly pregnant or they don’t have sanitary towels or they’ve been cut [genitally mutilated]. I was learning about the breadth of our experiences through the blog, and so I thought: ‘I want to write a book about the experiences of African women.’” – Nana Darkoa Sekyiamah, author of Sex Lives of African Women