Karen is a 59-year-old grandmother and fashion creative who is committed to helping diversify the menopause scene with her podcast ‘Menopause Whilst Black’ which is now in its second series.
Hosts: Dr Annabel Sowemimo and Edem Ntumy Editor: Veronique Belinga
Project Manager: Naz Toorabally
News story references
- Metro: Women feel pressure to be on the pill or other long-term contraception, according to a study
- BBC News: Jess Phillips: Ditch HPV stigma to avoid the shame I felt
- Metro: WHO recommendations for pregnant women not to drink heavily is criticised
- Men’s Health: It’s Time To Talk About Men and Miscarriage
“When Black women began arriving in Britain in the Second World War to provide the newly established National Health Service with much-needed labour, we came into a service which regarded us not as potential clients, but as workers. Our role was to become the nurses, cleaners and cooks who would supply and maintain the service for others.” – Heart Of The Race: Black Women’s Lives in Britain by Beverley Bryan, Stella Dadzie and Suzanne Scafe
Jo Divine 10% Discount Code!
- Discount code: DC2021
Menopause and Black women in the UK – Hormone Replacement Therapy
- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeyjFtH5Zmxk9ZDEImXyvDOPVgBrjQk p38JormJeUxgwWZ5wA/viewform